10-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Full Fledged Farker
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Quick Notes from the Board - Oct 3
Mike Peters gave a presentation the Board of Directors about his and Chris’ experiences this summer on the KCBS Tour. The board expressed its appreciation to the Peters and the Polands for their great work on behalf of KCBS’ Great American Tour.
Amy Winn, the KCBS Office Manager gave a presentation to the Board about upgrades in technology and to the telephone system. Amy introduced Dawn Endrijaitis who has returned as receptionist and in charge of CBJ Classes.
Merl Whitebook advised the Board that the nomination for candidates for the Board of Directors of Kansas City Barbeque Society has begun. The Nomination period ends on October 31st, 2009. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com and to Mwhitebook@kcbs.us. Nominations should include: Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
Merl Whitebook made a motion to provide criteria for the sanctioning of 1st time licensing contest. The Board approved the following criteria:
1. The executed licensing agreement and application must be submitted at least 45 days in advance.
Quick Notes from the Board Room
October 3, 2008
2. The licensing agreement must be signed by proper organizer agreeing to all terms of the license.
3. The license will be approved with 72 hour posting to the Board, by the sanctioning committee, if no objections are sent. In the event of an objection the license will not be granted until voted upon at the next Board of Directors Meeting.
4. KSBS will apply the rules used for sanctioning as to saturation and density of contest, in the approval consideration.
5. KCBS shall consider each license to determine if the contest should be a sanctioned contest.
Don Harwell advised the Board about the progress on the new computer scoring program. It is anticipated the 1st viewing shall occur by November, 2008. The second review in December and a beta test to begin in at the beginning of 2009.
Carolyn Wells advised that KCBS has been granted the registered trademark:
AMERICA’S BBQ EXPERTS ®.
* These are not the official minutes of the meeting. Quick Notes are simply provided as an effort to give members a quick summary of the KCBS Board of Directors meeting.
Merl Whitebook, Secretary.