View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #9
Marsha
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagonbbqco View Post
This happened in my county, and the Fire Dept used the same meat supplier I use. I bought meat the same day that they did and catered a party for the local District Attormey's Office. The folks that I catered for are happy and healthy.

We must always be aware of the dangers of not following food safety guidlines. This is a perfect example. You can not trim raw tri tip on a cutting board and then later cut the cooked tri tip on the same unwashed cutting board----but people do it.

The rumor up here is that the method that was used to marinate the meat is being investigated. I feel deeply for the people that became sick. I am also sure that the Health Dept will be visiting all BBQ caterers in this county.

Now---to all of you jokesters that got word of this and called me to see if I was the caterer---well nevermind
I wonder if they kept the meat and marinade refrigerated the whole time?

We have started using disposable cutting sheets for both vending and catering events. I LOVE those things. And we use a separate one each for beef, pork or chicken. I get them from www.Daydots.com. I think I learned about them from either someone here or the cbbqa.org.