View Single Post
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #14
Cliff H.
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
But one thing I have learned. If you do not eat any other food besides your own, ( restaurants, other peoples food period) your desire for new will dwindle and you will be basically cooking the same way with the same ole spices. Trying different things is a break from the norm and also an inspiration.

I have a different take on this statement.

First, while I was searching for great Q and learning how to make it better at home via all the fourms, I began to realize that I could produce a better product than most resturants. So then I started searching for the best rubs and techniques that I liked.

I have begun to narrow the field down on the flavor profile issue. I want and desire to reach a plateu of consistency. This means that I want to be using the same rub and technique all the time so that my BBQ is easily recognizalbe by the folks I am feeding.

There is nothing wrong with trying different products or resturants. Nothing at all. I do the same from time to time, but when it comes to serious Q'ng, I want my Q to be the same every time.