I am needing to detail out out my catering contract more. Everything has gone great for my gigs contract wise until recently. There was a miscommunication. She assumed that I was providing bottled water. I explained to her that comes at additional price. However, my explanation was after the event. In the midst of the event, I went to fetch water for her guests. This what not good as I were in need elsewhere.
There were a few other mis-communications based on assumptions. So, I own some responsibility as it was not spelled out completely in the contract. It would be easy to just blame the client, but that would not help enhance my business! Unfortunatley, you got to make a few mistakes to learn and improve.
So, here is a contract I purchased. I downsized this one and I am going to re-institute from this point forward. Truth be told , I am going to hate to have to make it more than 2-3 pages.
Feel free to share a contract. I am sure I am not the only one that needs to do some tinkering, I hope, lol
City, State/Prov, Zip/Postal:
Contact Person (if company):
Date of Function:
Time of Function:
Location of Function:
Type of Function:
Guaranteed Number of Guests (include all persons who will be attending, e.g. ministers, photographers, musicians, etc):
Food Total: $
Liquor Total $
Equipment Rental: $
Flowers, Candles, Centerpieces: $
Bartender (if required): $
Other: _____________________________________ $
Sales Tax (__%) $
[GST (7%)] $
Gratuity (___%) $
TOTAL OF CONTRACT: $####.##
Less service fee (paid) $
Less additional deposit(s) $
OUTSTANDING BALANCE: $####.##
Terms & Conditions
1. Customer understands and agrees that [Caterer] charges a service fee of $###.## to reserve [Catererís] services for the above date. Cancellations must be in writing and must be received no later than _______ [days/weeks] prior to the event date. Any cancellations received after that time will result in the forfeiture of the service fee.
2. The contract price must be paid in full no later than ___________ days prior to the event date. Payment may be made by cash, cashierís check or credit card. The $###.## service fee will be applied to the contract price.
3. Customer agrees that if the actual number of guests is less than the Guaranteed Number of guests entered above, Customer will still be charged for the Guaranteed Number. If the actual number of guests is more than the Guaranteed Number entered above, Customer will be charged at [Catererís] established rate of $##.## per person for each guest over and above the Guaranteed Number.
4. _______ of [Catererís] employees will be provided and will be in attendance from ___________ a.m./p.m. until _________ a.m./p.m. If any of [Catererís] employees are required outside of those hours, Customer will be charged an additional $##.## per hour (or portion thereof) per employee.
5. [Caterer] reserves the right to substitute items (including but not limited to food and flowers) that become unavailable in the market or that exceed reasonable market prices. [Caterer] will make best efforts to notify the client of such substitution(s) if time allows.
6. Any changes to the menu or special requests by Customer must be made in writing no later than _____ [days/weeks] prior to the event date.
7. [Caterer] and/or its agents shall be liable for any damage to or loss of property entrusted to its employees. Customer shall be liable for any damage to or loss of property rented to Customer which may be caused by Customer, Customerís family, guests or invitees.
8. In the event of cancellation due to fire, flood, hurricane or other natural disaster, Customer will be given an opportunity to reserve [Catererís] service for another date within the next ______ months, subject to availability.
9. Refunds on cancellations due to extenuating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis and are made at [Catererís] sole discretion.
I agree to the above terms and conditions.
Signature of Customer Date
Catering Contract Worksheet
Name of Organization:
Estimated Number of Guests:
Final Guaranteed Number of Guests:
Check Appropriate Box:
Caterer to Provide:
Customer to Provide:
Candles & holders