View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kapn View Post
I vacu-suck BBQ all the time. It seems to last "forever" and still taste fresh when re-heated.
I agree, the only problem is that it's gone long before "forever". lol

Quote:
The "Boiling Bag" procedure works great. Your are not boiling the meat, just adding heat.
One thing when you use the 'Boiling Bag Method", put a small towel or washcloth on between the bag and the bottom of the pot. I've had the bags melt on me in the past when I didn't give it just that little bit of insulation.

Quote:
Micro-Zapping in the bag works great---IF you keep the power low, poke a couple of vent holes in the top of the bag, and take your time.
Yes, vent holes.... Don't ask me how I know that...

Quote:
The single best thing I have found for re-heating is to take it slow and easy and protect the moisture.
Very true...

The other thing is that if you are cooking to store (i.e. doing an extra brisket for later use) I've cut back on my initial cooking time. Remember you are adding heat and therefore cooking it a little bit more.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote