After reading nmayeux's
post on how to make jambalaya, I knew I had to give this a try. Here is his post if anyone would like to see it. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ight=jambalaya
It was a good week for this cause I had been smoking most of the week. So all the ingredients were in play and carefully went over and over the recipe to assure consistency. I did my roux, and got it to a nice color, light brown. Then went in all the veggies. Afterwards the 4 cups of rice and our spice.
Here we have a shoot of that:
I then added some left over chuckie, cubed ham steak, left over spatchcock chicken and some polish kielbasa. Stirred some more and then came time to add the liquid. Here is where I blew it big time. The recipe calls for 2 cans of chicken stock and 2 cans of beef broth. Some where I cross the wires in my head and added 2 cups of each. Needless to say I didn't have enough water to cover the rice. Luckily, my wife save me by insisting there need to be enough wtaer to cover the rice. So I poured enough stock to to that.
The next step was to bring it a rolling boil and cover it and let simmer.
After an hour of waiting, no peeking allowed, it was done. The flavor was excellent, the rice was a touch hard, but again, that was my fault. I then realize that a can of stock is just shy of two cups, I would have needed almost 8 cups in total. But here is how it looked. Really good eats.
I need to do it again and fix my error, I can't wait to see the improved results. Thanks again to nmayeux
for a great recipe.