View Single Post
Unread 08-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #83
MayDay
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeblood View Post
I am late to the party, but I thought I should reply in case my 2 cents are useful (probably not).

it looks exactly like the clay hibachi cooker I bought years ago from an importer of pachinko machines (markings, color, clay feet, cradle, hinges, clay top, metal top etc.). I believe they were intended to be kamado knockoffs.

It worked well for low heat applications but cracked very easily once the heat got to 400. I would nt grill on it if I were you, but any kind of bird will come out better that you can achieve on a grill, offset, pellet, drum etc.

I ultimately got rid of mine because it cracked more than once and I learned about the ceramic units.

It looks like you did a great restoration job.
Hmmm... I never thought of that. Looks like I DO have a knockoff, as it sure doesn't have the Japanes characters on it. I guess they don't perform as well as the original old Kamados. Well, I'm sure getting to know my knockoff cooker with every cook.

After all's been said and done, I'll probably bite the bullet and eventually get myself a CERAMIC cooker. I'm learning via this forum that the ceramics can do a whole lot MORE than what the claypots can. Perhaps a BGE or Primo... but that's for later. After I get my cooking's worth out of this one.
MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote