August BOD Agenda
Board of Director’s Meeting
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I. Auditor’s Report
II. Requests to speak by Guy Simpson
III. Approval of Minutes from July Meeting
a. Financial Reports
a. A review of any issues with past contest:
b. Sanctioning Requests Tana Shupe:
ii. License Requests
iii. Organizers Handbook/Sanction Request (tabled from July 08 mtg)
VI. Committee Reports:
a. Finance Committee Report Wayne Lohman:
• A discussion about benefit programs for employees of KCBS..
• A discussion of the KCBS response to management letter.
b. New Ideas Committee Merl Whitebook
• A proposal that late entries and disqualified teams receive 1's in all categories, rather than 0's.
• A proposal regarding how to run judge a backyard contest when in conjunction with a KCBS contest.
c. Rep. Committee Carol Whitebook
• Discussion of letters and responses sent to Contest Reps regarding contest or other matters.
d. Rules Committee: Rod Gray No report
e. Sanctioning Committee: Tana Shupe
• Updated sanction request form and agreement (attached)
f. CBJ Committee: Ed Roith No Report
g. Education Committee: Paul Kick
Discussion about existing educational programs and expansion.
Discussion about possible Organizer's program for banquet
h. Marketing: Troy Black No Report
i. Technology Committee: Don Harwell No Report
j. Nominating Committee: Merl Whitebook
• Discussion of the 2009 Election procedures timeline
VII. Old Business:
a. Discussion of the response form a team over conduct issues
VIII. New Business:
a. Discussion over the possible reinstatement of a competition team.
b. Discussion over Rep. Oversight
c. Discussion concerning contests requiring teams to vend
d. Request from LA School collaborate on KCBS curriculum
e. Director of Operation Report (Jennifer)
f. Discussion of possible action concerning CBJ misconduct.
IX. Other: Any other matter that may come before the board
Site Administrator and
CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (M
anderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning
Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE,
1 Pit Barrel Cooker
, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "
You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy
Smoke on KC.