View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #42
The Pickled Pig
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Paul, how about showing contests by state. Like 2008 Missouri contests all on one Missouri map. I guess you could just show all contests on one map and then a person could zoom in to the state they wanted to see.
Maybe you could tell me a little more how you would use such a view. What good would it do to see all of the contests in MO in a year unless they were also broken down by date? Or do you just want to see a graphical plotting of the dispersion of contests?

I am going to add a button so you can view the entire year at once but the pushpins won't be color-coded. I suppose I could add a drop down list of states that would refocus the map and zoom in on the selected state if it would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Also, how about moving all of your text below the map. Makes for better usability once the map redraws. The user doesn't have to scroll as much.
Done. There is still some scrolling involved and I hope users take the time to look below the map for controls. If wanted, I could make the map smaller. That would further reduce scrolling.

Twitter - @ThePickledPig

CBJ, WSM, UDS Cookers, Weber Gasser, Weber One Touch Gold Kettle,
The Pickled Pig is offline   Reply With Quote