Originally Posted by cardiac_cadet002
On the last drum I built I used a citrus furniture stripper I found at Wal*Mart on the lid and let it set for about an hour. I used a wire brush to try and remove the lining but had no luck doing that so I resorted to doing it the old fashioned way. When I burned the lid the lining just peeled right off. I'm guessing it was from the citrus furniture stripper that I used. Its non-toxic, so I'm assuming you could just rub down the entire barrel with this stuff and let it set a few hours then do a burn. That should make it a whole lot easier to remove the lining with minimal sanding.
Thanks for the tip on the citrus stripper. I will try that on the drum. my friend and I burned 1 last weekend. Just too much work and too hot for a fat guy to stay outside all day with a weed burner and a wire brush trying to clear it out. Now if we can just get a break in the rain (we need it bad but the weather is saying thunderstorms everyday for next week at least, maybe the drought might finaly be over).
I guess we will see how it turns out.