View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #14
Fastball
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi View Post
Do you happen to have dimensions/ blueprints for the build. I have been wanting to build one myself and that looks like the perfect size for me.
Sorry Chibi....I didn't work off of any drawings. Just started building. I knew what I wanted in my head, so bought some metal and started building. I had a lot of help with specifics from another forum, don't know if it is against the rules to mention another forum, so just in case, PM me and I'll give you the address, or just search for stumps clones and you'll probably run across them. Those guys really know their chit when it comes to building smokers.

I took what others had done before me with these clones and made a few changes. I wanted to be able to make it into a stickburner if I so chose, so that's next on the list, to build a stickburner firebox. This is meant to be sort of a "Mr. Potatohead" type of cooker. Just fasten on what ever type of firebox you want, and start cooking.

So the first firebox is the stumps style gravity-feed chute/ashbox. And I will say that it is a complete success as far as I'm concerned. Next is the stickburner.
Homemade Cabinet Smoker..AKA "The Contraption"...AKA "Mr. Potatohead"
J&R Mfg Combo Broiler w/ Rotisserie
Weber 22.5 kettle
Char-Broil Gasser
Old Beat-up Off-brand Kettle Grill
Fastball is offline   Reply With Quote