View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #15
Wayne
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default We also have a Rino tank for a quick backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
even more savings if you get the tank from Rhino the first time, and then go fill up yourself when it runs out.
My camp trailer uses two 30 lb. tanks so most of my experience is with the larger tanks. We do also have a 20 lb. Rhino tank as a backup that can be easily exchanged while on the road. The local welding shop where i get my tanks filled will not fill the Rhino tanks for some reason. We have also had people give us old style tanks that were full. You can get a converter for the things for about $12. If I weigh the tank and it contains more than $12 worth propane then I will use an adapter but the shop will not fill the tanks through the adapter. To have the tank converted costs about $30 which is half the price of a new 30 lb. tank so I never had the old tanks converted and certifies. I could probably find people that would fill the things but i believe keeping the gas cylinders in pretty good condition and in compliance with the laws or send them to the recycle plant.

I do not grill or smoke with propane but this year I think I will build a burner that will be used as a fire starter or an over night burner to be used after the meat has completed a good smoke burn.

Long in the tooth,
Long in the tooth,
I'm lookin' 'round the corner,
An' I'm long in the tooth...
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote