I'm forgetting my manners. Wasn't sure how to respond at the time, so am giving my belated appreciation for all the advice and encouragement EVERYONE gave (on and off this thread)....
- Waterloo - I may just do some electrolysis yet. Thx.
- Smokin Gator - Thanks for the Lodge trivet link. And yes, HE does look great!
- Swamprb - Brian, THANKS for all the great advice! Your Imperial Kamado Restoration posting was what I studied before jumping in to do my own repairs. Took a lot of the unknowns out.
- MostlySmoke - Yep, only one Copper Cooker out there; he's not part of any lemming pack!
- Brauma - Mark, still kind of wishing the copper to be that "new copper" color, but it still came out great. Humpty is looking quite dapper!
- Professor Salt - Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the photo documentation and slideshow as I didn't want to overpost on the pics. The fish avatar is one of few allowed for newbies. As a newbie, I'm not able to post my own avatar (yet).
- Jonboy - One Wiggle Stick coming up this weekend! The Great Pumpkin is now one of Humpty's aliases.
- Crome - Glad you like the copper!
- Thillin - Ok, will be loading the firebox more. Was too timid before.
- Cabntmkr1 - Thanks for the pat on the back.
- CivilWarBBQ - The restore turned out better than I expected. A piece of cake compared to TomJax's Extreme Makeover. Even though I didn't use furnace mortar over the JB, everything is still holding together after the bakeout and first cook. Keeping my fingers crossed.
- Browser - When I first saw the Kamado, there was never any doubt in my mind that I would restore it. Some of my buddies did think it was an eyesore and better off in the landfill.
- CaptGrumpy - I'll be sure to watch my temperatures!
- FatDaddy - Hope you can get to your restore soon - I sure enjoyed mine.
You guys are all great!!!
Project Humpty: SLIDESHOW
, PHOTO ALBUM