View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #43
snoqualmiesmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Growing up we had a kettle. Many a great meal was made on that old kettle. My dad, who passed this last month, would man that grill with an enthusiasm I had never seen as a child. I learned my chops on that old grill. He would cook BBQ chicken that was out of this world. He would oil the chicken and put them on the grill. Then he would constantly butter them and duck as the smoke would engulf the deck. As he got older he gave up on the kettle and gave it to my brother in law.

My Brother in law had to let go of my fathers weber just this last month, as rust took its toll. it was beyond saving. It served us for well over 30 years. It was replaced with, you guessed it, a weber kettle.

My Blue 22.5 was rescued about 6 years ago. I saw it sitting on the side of the road, with a missing bolt on the leg. The sign said free to good home, so in the back of my delivery truck it went. It was in perfect condition, but did fall over and dent the lid slightly. It sits in the backyard and does its duty with no muss, no fuss. Every one knows I mean business when I get out the weber.

I also have my weber genesis for those quick grills. But lets not talk about that.
Weber Gold Genesis (Sadly, this did not come with a long keyboard solo)
1 ~ 3-year old Princess
1 ~ 1-year old Caveman
1 Chihuahua
Wife
[url]http://jimmysbigegg.blogspot.com/[/url]
snoqualmiesmoker is offline   Reply With Quote