View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
is One Chatty Farker
Countryhb's Avatar
Join Date: 06-11-07
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Are you asking about catering or opening a restaurant (a small BBQ lunch spot)? If catering, and you plan on prepping/cooking food offsite AND being legit, you need a commercial kitchen to prep in. There are a few spots in LA that'll rent kitchen space to you. If you DO NOT transport cooked product (i.e. you cook and prepare everything onsite), the health department is not concerned with you. You are then considered a personal chef and the same rules as a traditional caterer do not apply.

You really do need to call the health dept and have a chat with them.
Jet Coatings Smokin' & Fishin' Crew
Vegetarian...Indian word meaning lousy hunter.
Did someone say ROAD TRIP?!?!
Kamado #7
BWS Party
NB offset with baffle and chimney mods--STOLEN
Double-barrel 55-gal drum smoker
A farking weed burner...hehe hehe! Fire's Cool!
Countryhb is offline   Reply With Quote