View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #9
beam boys bbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
Look my four year old cooked a kid's Q this year. The little dudes aren't too handy with the tongs and such. I helped him flip a few of his wings when they were about to fall off or get over done. Big deal. He was involved in every major step of the process including lighting the grill. He put his own rub on. He flipped his chicken. He put his chicken in the box. Did I help flip a couple wings, guide his hand sometimes when applying seasoning, or give him some direction on what his steps were? Sure. It is all about helping them learn and encouraging them. HE cooked his chicken. He even ran his own box to turn ins... with a guiding hand by dad so he didn't tip it over.

Parents who do everything for this kids when they are young will be doing everything for their kids when they are grown. You wanna cook your's Kid's contest, plan on them being Q'less and clueless when they are older cause you never taught them.

atttt boy plow boy

there are some that just for get why we do the things that we do
our kids will never for get the times that they have had on the road cooking with there parents

york
beam boys bbq is offline   Reply With Quote