OK. So after 5+ hours my brisket was still at about 140*. So I pulled it and wrapped it and put the temp up to 270. Had just moved up one degree after another hour. At this point it was time to add more charcoal to the bandera and so I decided since it was foiled, etc. to go ahead and bring it inside (I had started preheating the over to 270 about 30 minutes prior.
Well after a couple more hours we were just at 175* and it was getting late and the wife wanted to eat (I did to to be honest) so I pulled it out, opened the foil and cut off just over 3 portions worth from the flat. Re-wrapped in foil and returned to the oven to finish. Dropped the temp back down to my normal cooking temp of 230.
Here are two shots of the portion I cut off for immediate consumption.
The first slice:
and then completely sliced:
It was very juicy and a fairly tender but certainly not "done" tender. The slices were eat right away or risk them drying up. I assume this is because I did not let it rest.
The rest of the brisket I let continue to cook and it had still not reached 195* at 11PM (just at 180*) and the probe test still registered resistance. So I returned it to the oven a 230* and took the remote alarm up to my room with me. It never went off all night. I came down and it was at 188*. I did have another probe in the point but it was not a remote. It was registering 202*. I would have thought the flat would have when higher in temps before the point. Go figure.
Anyway, the probe test passed with flying colors and she jiggled like jello so I re-wrapped and put in the cooler to rest for a few hours. Going to slice and add new pics after lunch.
Total cook time was 7AM yesterday to 8 AM today so a total of 21 hours at temps ranging from 230* to 270* (not including drops when I had to add fuel). I have had some long cooks, but this takes the cake.