View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelonutz View Post
I have been making Pastrami for a few years now. This year I tried the corned beef thing. I cut the packer into thirds, flat in half and the point. I soaked that thing for about 48 hours with 5 or 6 water changes until that meat was almost white. After seasoning and smoking it is still too salty for my tastes. I looked at Boss Mans BBQ home page and found his method of making Pastrami is the same one I have used for years. I think it was origonally from a guy named Rick. Anyway, you guys owe it to yourselves to try it at least once. I think if you do, you will leave the corned beef (the first step in the recipe) to the Irish. It makes a far superior product. I sell all I can make for $8.00 a pound.
NUTZ
I may give that a try sometime. This is my first time trying the corned beef thing and I've already purchased the meat.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote