View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #880
Bottles 'n Bones BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well, after a week of sea trials...the Amp Energy, National Guard #88 N8man Drumpit clone is ready for final completion. Held real constant (and adjustable) temps...more~so with briqs than with lump. No surprise there, same happens with my other drum.

Only real diff from the drumpit is the exhaust is 1 1/2" Dia. instead of 2" and is a few inches shorter with corresponding shorter intake (I ain't six foot six...). Also used, 3/4" nips instead of 1".

Now just gotta disassemble, burn out again, metal prep, #88 paint job, reasemble, buy a Weber lid handle (Westlakes was out of 'em) and send it on a one~way ticket to Talladega, Alabama. Gonna try the sheet magnets too instead of a ball valve or fabricating a vent cover. Though I may send down an intake ball valve as an added sales feature...

N8man's got him a real good design there...(hoists beverage in air...(coffee))!!! I'll probably build another on for myself. But...some lucky unwashed, drunken race fan down at 'Dega sure is gonna like this one!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#008000][B]Large BGE[/B] [COLOR=black]named Rhona[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black][B]WSM [/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]Trashcan UDS[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]Former Klose BYC owner (sniff sniff)[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]**************************[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity got framed.[/COLOR][/FONT]
Bottles 'n Bones BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote