View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #13
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que'inKC View Post
Brisket is going good...I pulled it off at 7:45am CST int temp @195 passed probe tender test..Resting in cooler now...

Cook when really well I think for my first time...The BWS ran really well, it took a lot more tending too than I figured it would...I need to get the hang of the vents, it really doesn't take much air on these thangs, but surprisingly it went through the coal...

I filled it up 3 times during the night (about every 4 hours using RO Lump)...I filled the water pan up once, but it never ran dry...

I didn't sleep much and I am really tired, but all in all it was a good cook...I decided to through a splatched (sp) chicken on because I had lots of good coals left over..
Spatchcock Chicken

Doing a brisket as the first cook on a new cooker is quite brave. Congratulations! Sounds like it went perfectly.

I wonder if the guys here have a way for you to get more sleep and run more than 4 hours on a load of lump. Maybe more air and fewer lit coals. Maybe drop a handful of lit coals in the center and let it spread out. Dunno. Not familiar with the BW. Makes me appreciate my Egg, though. A load of lump can go more than 24 hours.

You don't really care about the lack of sleep when you are playing with a new toy, eh?

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote