• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Green Egg Table

Nice, clear laquer finish?

Question about using hardwoods compared to ACA materials ... would that be bad for food? I mean, the stuff only eats through non-galvanized metals?

Looks good Todd. If it's not too late you might sneak an extra brace under the lower shelf where the egg will sit. I could never make something like that but the guy who made mine did that and it makes sense.

Never too late. Thanks for the suggestion.

Looks good Todd.....amazing how it always takes more lumber than it looks like it would:biggrin:

You got that right. The long pieces are 58 & 60 inches long and 4" wide. that's a lot of board and a lot of them.

In my book anyone who can cut a farking straight line is a master woodworker! :rolleyes: :oops:

I am not good with tools. Period. I've faced it and can live with it.

Now... Who want to build a table for my Large Egg for me? :rolleyes:

You couldn't afford it. :wink: Have you seen my labor rates? Actually, we'll see how this one goes. I might consider making making a couple more.

Nice, clear laquer finish?

Question about using hardwoods compared to ACA materials ... would that be bad for food? I mean, the stuff only eats through non-galvanized metals?

I'll use a satin, water based polyurethane, not laquer.

Looks very nice Todd! What kind of finish are you doing?
I added fold down side brackets on my Egg table and thinking of doing the same with my WSM cart. I'd rather work with Oak than the Ipe, microscopic splinter mod!

Its done. My helpers dropped in. JP, not only do you not realize how much wood a project like this requires... you don't realize how many screws. Thank God for pocket joinery, though. :eusa_clap

The Egg goes in tomorrow. Burgers, ABT's and planked brie for New Year's Day lunch and bowl games.

Attachments

• BGE Table 001 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 001 [640x480].JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 190
  • BGE Table 005 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 005 [640x480].JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 192
  • BGE Table 006 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 006 [640x480].JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 191
You seem to be missing the coolest feature I saw on Ray's table. A bottle opener:wink:

Shoot........All I've got is a hand saw and carpenters glue and a staple gun and duct tape.

Yeah right................"I'm no master woodworker!" That looks like a master woodworkers shop to me.

That is a fine nest for an egg if I have ever seen one. Great job and great skills.

Table is done. First cook today: burgers & ABT's.

Attachments

• BGE Table 004 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 004 [640x480].JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 198
  • BGE Table 006 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 006 [640x480].JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 196
  • BGE Table 007 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 007 [640x480].JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 196
  • BGE Table 012 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 012 [640x480].JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 195
Excellent job Todd:biggrin: Did ya post that over at the woodworkers forum?

Excellent job Todd:biggrin: Did ya post that over at the woodworkers forum?

I plan to. Thanks for the reminder. Sure was fun building it. Its not "perfect", but I'm pretty proud of it. Very square and solidly built. The 18"x18" tile inset into the table is pretty nice to have. Don't have to worry about putting warm or dirty tools/plates on the wood table. Just having a utility table is nice.

If you notice, I put a bronze electrical box blank in the middle of the table. My magnetic LED BBQ light sits there for task lighting. I can swing it to either the cooker or work area.

Anyone know what the blank on the front of the table is for? :rolleyes:

Only thing missing is the bottle opener. :wink:

Very nice...good job! First cook looks pretty good too! :p Is that your Sous Chef in the egg?

A better pic of the tile.

Attachments

• BGE Table 008 [640x480].JPG
    BGE Table 008 [640x480].JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 182
Back