Originally Posted by 91vw03
I also had a customer when I worked in the resaurant that was allergic to salt. I had to wash the pans, utensils and use new ingredients for her food. She didn't come in at the busy time so it wasn't a big deal.
They were probably allergic to iodine. Some people that are allergic to "seafood" or salt are actually allergic to iodine. Typically shellfish is because of a protein reaction.
MIL? Know exactly how you feel. After this holiday season we're never going to our family's houses again. Or at least until my 2 year isn't an eating machine putting everything and anything into his mouth.