View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Rocke View Post
1 - Take pre-orders only, paid in full. Orders due by the Sunday before T giving, with pick up the Wed before T giving. Delivery available @ $10 charge.

2 - IMHO, people (Unless they're GOOD friends) bringing you their bird is asking for a problem. No control of their bird prior to cooking.

3 - Typically we do 12 - 14 lb birds, and charge 3x our cost (Bird, fuel, rub). We don't sell by the pound, too much to deal with. What if they want 2 lbs dark meat and 10 lbs breast? Too much waste. What we do is offer meals to feed 4-6 (Turkey, dressing, cran sauce, potatoe, rolls and 1 pie) for one price, and an ala carte price for the bird only.,

4 - Offer a breast only. We get 3x our cost plus an upcharge for the breast only.
Okay, your own bird... bad idea. I buy that.

What I was thinking by the pound was whatever the whole bird weighed uncooked. You already know the weight based on the sales sticker. We'd carve nothing. You get the whole bird.

Cash up front and pre-sales only.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote