View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:53 AM   #14
Jeremiah
is one Smokin' Farker

Wow guys, thanks for all the great information. The chicken looks like crap in the picture, way too dark, I don't feel this pic accurately represents what it looked liked.

Sorry for the different angles on the boxes, being our first time we weren't too careful with taking the pics, wanted to make sure we got the boxes in on time, etc. I can honestly say that the chicken and brisket boxes looked far better in person than they do above. Will be much better with this part next time, promise!

I sprayed the pork down with apple juice prior to turning it in, it's possible I did this after snapping the photo but I can't say for sure.

The brisket slices, whether reflected in the photo or not, were all around a #2 pencil in thickness. I took great care in trying to achieve this, I think the photo shows some individual slices appearing as one larger slice.

Actual scores:

Chicken:

7 8 8 8 7 7

Ribs:

7 7 8 7 7 6

Pork:

7 6 7 6 7 5

Brisket:

6 9 7 7 8 7

We won for 7th place in Brisket and finished 13th overall. I am very pleased with our results. One judge gave me a 555 for pork, the other scores were 7s and 8s I think that hurt us bad. I wish this judge would have used the comment cards.

We received 2 comment cards, one stating the chicken had too much sauce. The other stating:

"Glory unto this Brisket. I shall worship it as my Messiah".

That one is going on the wall