View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #19
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

I do comp chicken in mine, but since it sounds like you will only have one BWS, I'd recommend keeping the ribs in it and doing the chicken on the drum. It's possible to do both, but depending on what temp you like to cook ribs at, it could be difficult.

We have 2 Backwoods, so the briskets go in one and the butts in the other overnight. Then we try to have the briskets done by 7:00 and put in the ribs. Plenty of room if the brisket isn't done though. Brisket and ribs go in the Gator.

In the Party, we try to have the butts done by 9 - 9:30, then crank the Party up to about 275 and chicken goes in about 10:00. We've tried chicken a few different ways - starting on the BWS and moving to a grill to finish, starting on the BWS, then removing the water pan to finish, now we are currently leaving in the BWS with water pan the entire cook and bathing the chicken during the second hour and taking them out for about the last 15 minutes to kind of lightly bake the sauce on to get them to look something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg indych2sm.JPG (80.5 KB, 401 views)
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote