View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
HB-BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

KC,
the first pic of the pan is the way it came from Mike along with the separate tray. The expanded steel was already tacked in. I guess the sliders are an extra option on the party and I am kind of glad I didnt get it that way with all the extra charcoal room you gain.
Quote:
Do you use the heat diverter in conjunction with the water pan ??
Yes.

With the heat divertor addition I still had to add water at 6 hrs but that was better than doing it at 4 hrs. The heat was a lot more controlable with it and she hung at 225F most of the time using Rancher and Oak chunks. I now take out the divertor until the smoker comes up to temp. I realized it was keeping the temp from leveling off when starting her up. I do think for the small cost it was worthy mod/investment.

KC one question for you, when you did the tray mod with the air bake pan does it completely cover the water pan? I remembered you had a notch cut out for the water tube but I couldn't remember how far back the pan went. I figured that you would at least want it open in the back so the steam could escape up into the cooking chamber.

Former toys:
Lang 36, Lang 60, Spicewine large, BWS competitor, BWS party, custom 6ft stickburner/trailer, Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn, WSM 18", Chargriller offset
HB-BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote