I thought of drilling the bottom holes to get a hotter fire. I was looking at the pics I posted and notices they looked a lot better then the drums looked today. It was real hot here, then I went on vacation so its been a couple weeks since I worked on these. I am not used to working with metal and didn't realize how quickly they would show surface rust (even though they are in the garage). I was dealing with more rust then paint which is why it wasn't burning off. I worked them over again and this time sprayed them with PAM since it will probably be a week till I touch them again. I'm excited about this project again.
I did have some good help today