View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #388
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Well...6:11 and it is still 225*. I shut it down cuz I am tired of it! At 3pm I put the tri-tip in and raised the temp, did not have an chunks of hardwood, so I added a few chunks of 2x8 I cut into small pieces. It was probably doug fir or pine, I would probably not reccomened this to people who do not like an earthy, construction like flavor! Hey, I wanted it up to grilling temps! It cooks deceptively well, it was a small tri-tip, but as you can see by the pictures, way over cooked for me! No pink, no good! Still was able to force it down with some garlic mashed potatoes!

Folks, these thinks work, make no mistake about that! I could see putting 10#'s of charcoal in this thing and it cooking within a 15* range for 16 hours easy! And there is nothing I can think of in the competition BBQ world that should take more than 16 hours!

Kristin says it has to go so it is on the sales block! I will put it in the CBBQA for sale thread with price.

Reduced: 80% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full image

Heck of a nice smoke ring for 90 minutes!

Reduced: 80% of original size [ 800 x 600 ] - Click to view full image
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote