View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2007, 05:17 PM   #339
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Speaking of welding, I have a lazy eye (crooked eye farker) and have bad depth perception. I was on disability with a broken leg (in a hip cast) and had to pay a muffler shop $20 to weld 2 scissor jacks together to raise my bed. He did such a $hitty job when my first Income insurance check came in I bought a 250 amp Miller mig. I am not a great welder but I can stick things together. I needed a 115V welder to do fencing and I bought a Hobart 135, neighbor was hooked after playing with mine. He bought a Miller 135. They are almost identical (Miller owns Hobart) except his had a reostat for voltage where mine has a position click.. Wish mine had the adjustment when doing small stuff. If you go on Ebay welding outfits have lots of deals most with free shipping because they are drop shipped. Around the holidays most give freebies, carts, covers, consumables. Important thing to remember is don't buy cheap. Get a major brand so you can get replacement parts. It is as addicting as BBq. Since then I got a Miller SD180 tig/stick that I can not seem to get the hang of, and my favorite a plasma cutter my wife and daughter bought me. Join the Miller club online they have a E-newsletter that is cool, lots of ideas. Go to http://www.cyberweld.com/ good place. Buy a good helmet, autodarkening, best you can afford. Take it from One eye, it's too late when you can't see what your missing.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote