February Special "Foods You Love!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) ENDS MONDAY 3.4!

Our favorite is surf and turf, Ribeyes in particular, with either lobster or shrimp. Made this for Valentines Day / the wife’s birthday. Ribeye, spicy garlic shrimp, shrooms and onions all grilled on the WSCG.

Please accept the following as an entry:

Attachments

• 17598600-D050-4C54-A6C3-CD96674244E4.jpg
    17598600-D050-4C54-A6C3-CD96674244E4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 384
Please accept this cook for the throwdown, I love fresh saltwater fish and this is one of my favorite ways to serve it. https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269398

cgf041j.jpg

My love for pizza is beyond measure. When I was a child I always wanted to be a "pizza man". Now that I am older, I still want to be a pizza man, especially cooking it on the grill.

These were cooked directly on the cooking grate of my classic Weber kettle, using B & B Charcoal.

Please accept this as an entry..

Attachments

• 20190218_134626.jpg
    20190218_134626.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 903
My first entry into the contest:

On Feb 11 I made one of my all-time favorites: smashburgers. I use a 3-4 oz patty and smash it as thin as I can. I threw the steel plate griddle from my LSG offset onto my Weber kettle seasoned with bacon grease and brought it up to 700 degrees (even in the Minneapolis winter!). Patties down 45-60 seconds, flip and apply American cheese, 45 more seconds - done! You can even see the cheese edges frying and crisping in the 2nd and 3rd photos. They were awesome. The crust is the best I've ever gotten. Please enter the fourth photo of the completed burger with my hand around it for my entry. Thank you!

Last edited:
My second entry into the contest:

I just completed a 49-day dry age on this NY strip roast that I purchased a few days before Christmas. I cooked it like a prime rib roast on my WSM, hot and fast. Once it reached 120, I rested it for 15 minutes and then seared it over my WSM base. It was the juiciest, most tender NY strip I've ever had. Cut thick like prime rib, or shaved thin for roast beef, it was amazing.

Please use the second photo showing the inside of the meat as my entry photo.

Last edited:
My 3rd and final entry into the contest:

It is shocking how good a $.49/lb piece of cheap meat can taste with the right rubs, sauces, and fire. In my opinion, thighs are the best part of the bird, and these chicken thighs did not disappoint. This was a weeknight dinner this week for us, and I used an SPG base and a new rub called Rum Runner 6 from Bootleg Spice company right here in Maple Grove, MN. It has a nice red color and a chili kick to it. Very good stuff. Put these on indirect but hot for 45 minutes flipping every 15. Sauced them with half Stubbs and half Rub Some Butt mustard for the final 15. They knocked my socks off. They were that good! About to get off this couch and go eat the last two pieces right now at 11 PM :)

Last edited:
A favorite becomes a new favorite for others... When I was growing up, my mom used to make pork steaks all the time. T this day, it remains a favorite of mine, and now my wifes as well:) Wings never hurt either;) please accept this entry into the throwdown.

Attachments

• IMG_20190301_155947_927.jpg
    IMG_20190301_155947_927.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 247
Please accept the following as my second entry into the "Foods You Love" TD.

Smoked Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf

Cook thread HERE.

My favorite way to do meatloaf is to smoke it. Won't ever seen the oven again. And makes great sandwiches for the rest of the week. Cheese mixed into the loaf mixture with more in the middle, and then smoked on the WSCG with some cherry.

IMG_5112_zpsamqgff4y.jpg

Hope it’s not too late... Margarita pizza on the Uuni.

Last edited:
Back