View Single Post
Unread 06-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #30
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaberwabee View Post
I also have a chime in. I just found out that a very good friend of mine. (known 5-6 years is also into BBQ) In fact he has his own sauce and will be at the Royal with ABS (American Barbeque Systems). I guess I didnt know him that well. It's Heffy's and it is alittle different but rather sweet so kind of main stream. http://www.heffys.com/ They won the people's choice award at the Royal last year. Not trying to make a pitch but if you like it I can get you in touch with Mike. It is also made at the same plant as Blues Hog. I personally like BH Tenn Red better.
A friend of mine is doing some printing (t-shirts, etc)for these folks. Alice, dropped me off some of thier sauce. Very interesting. They are selling it at Dean & Deluca in Leawood, KS for $9-12/bottle.... and can't keep it in. D&D is a very high end deli - so expect to pay 3-4 less per bottle when it hits the grocery store, is what I heard I think D&D is where Jeff (Big Creek) first found his awardwinning muscavado sugar, right Jeff? Who knew a lil deli would be on the cutting edge of BBQ .....