"Skewered!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through April 23rd!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Our New Throwdown Category is...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Skewered!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
YxFxJFS.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This was Shagdog's winning entry in the 2016 "Skewered" Throwdown
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Moose said:
Since We got no entries in the Hometown Flavors Throwdown, meaning there was no winner to choose this week's Throwdown category, Shagdog and I decided it would be fun to do a "Skewered" throwdown.

Anything cooked on a skewer whether cooked horizontally or vertically, the choice is yours. Rotisserie cooks also count.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/6 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 4/23/18.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 4/23/18

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

[/FONT]

Last edited:
I'd like to submit this photo into the "Skewered" Throwdown.

I used boneless/skinless chicken breast that I tenderized with a mallet, then marinaded in Stubb's "Citrus and Onion" for about an hour. The fresh green onion was a nice addition. I grilled these indirect/direct on my kettle. Served with basmati rice and brined cabbage.

41357082331_48dd2fb570_b.jpg

Link to my cook thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great delivery my friend, looks fantastic.:thumb:

Chicken Shawarma on the Kettle!

This is my entry into the “Skewered!” Throwdown.

The thighs now went into pool for a nice long rest.

Now I can cook the Shawarma. Broke out my good skewers. (Closest I can come to a Shawarma rotisserie) I used two so I could better control them on the grill. I tightened up the stops to help keep in the marinade and juices.

and placed them on the grill.

My new Red Kettle was cruising along at 350 and stayed within 10 degrees of that.

Flipped them after 5 to 6 minutes.

After a while I moved them over the coals so I could develop some char that Shawarma should have.

Here is everything plated up family style with some cucumber slices, Olives, pita bread and a Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA.

Please use the picture below as my polling photo.

So Good! My wife and company loved everything.

Thanks for looking.

Cooke thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259181

OK, folk, that's a wrap! Great entries, all!

I'd like to submit this photo into the "Skewered" Throwdown.

I used boneless/skinless chicken breast that I tenderized with a mallet, then marinaded in Stubb's "Citrus and Onion" for about an hour. The fresh green onion was a nice addition. I grilled these indirect/direct on my kettle. Served with basmati rice and brined cabbage.

41357082331_48dd2fb570_b.jpg

Link to my cook thread.

Looks delicious Jason!!

Back