***June Special*** "2017 Noob Showcase" Throwdown** Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new June Special TD category is..."2017 Noob Showcase!"

This was LYU370's entry in the 2016 Noob Showcase Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Noobs Only! Only people with 5 Throwdown entries or less may enter

This is an OPEN CATEGORY meaning you can cook whatever you like as long as it reflects the above theme and conforms to standard Throwdown rules.

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED but limited to 2 for this Throwdown!

Come out and show us what you've got!
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/2 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/26/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 6/26/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries & general discussion of the category.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...I think I have 5 or fewer...maybe 4? :grin:

I did BACON, GO TO, HAPPY MEAL and RIBS...can't think of any others...

How can I know how many I've entered? Might it be less than 5? :behindsofa: :heh:

If we count how many times you've entered in the last 30 days, that would be correct. :thumb:

:becky:

Last edited:
I'll be in on this one. I'm close to figuring out what I want to cook.

I think I'm going to really like the Throw Downs - I like to be taken out of my comfort zone to stretch a bit....and the cook pRon is amazing. :-D

Can a dish be entered into 2 throwdowns with overlapping submission dates? Skimmed the rules again and saw nothing...just wanna make sure.

2 throwdowns count as 2 entries. Whether or not it's the same dish, doesn't matter. Each throwdown you enter is what matters.

Attachments

• IMG_20170604_175358200.jpg
    IMG_20170604_175358200.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 589
Please accept this as my first entry into the Noob Showcase Throwdown. My take on Cherry-Smoked Strip Steak with Cutting Board Sauce.

DSC05191_zpsahgfafuy.jpg

Link to cook thread here.

I haven't done one of these in awhile so why not give another one a shot. Please accept my Dirty Bird Poor Mans Burnt Ends as my first entry in to the 2017 Noob Showcase Throwdown.

Cook thread below
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247593

Please use this photo for my official entry photo.

Can a dish be entered into 2 throwdowns with overlapping submission dates? Skimmed the rules again and saw nothing...just wanna make sure.

Absolutely, provided your entry fits each respective throwdown.

There's been many times where folks entered different overlapping throwdowns with the same entry because each entry fit the category description. There are periods each month where we have overlapping throwdowns and depending on what they are, 2 or even three entries can fit. That means a single dish can be a two or even three bagger!

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_20170611_200347784_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170611_200347784_HDR.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 441
Please enter this in Noob Showcase, cooked on 3 Jun and originally posted in Q talk.

Pulled Beef Tacos

Giving this RO Mesquite a try along with a couple of chunks of Hickory for smoke.

iIQcyT6.jpg

Compact chimney of regular RO to get things started

CKrxJUR.jpg

While waiting for the coals to ash over lightly trimmed a 3.5# Chuck Roast, seasoned it with BPS Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeño Salt and course Black Pepper.

PRHS0Av.jpg

Fire in the hole!

UOPwYWE.jpg

One hour in and the thermometer hasn't moved since I set the vents other than when I first put the meat in the cooker, went back up to 300 and looking forward to see how long it sits there.

L09NmsB.jpg

Going to check it for color at 3hrs into the cook, if it looks good and the bark is set wrap in BP then cook until probe tender, should be a 5hr cook give or take.

3hrs in color looks good, stuck it with the Thermapen IT is 172, wrapped in BP and will check it for probe tenderness in an hour.

mzG1Ewk.jpg

TODw1VI.jpg

7YK5lXx.jpg

g24VjBL.jpg

Cilantro, Jalapeño, Pickled Red Onion, Cotija Cheese, Lime and Sharp Cheddar

cmyDBlF.jpg

Corn and Flour Tortillas

f29OVgz.jpg

Last edited:
dbl post sorry ima noob :crazy:

Last edited:
Back