View Single Post
Unread 04-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm lazy.

I use one slice of bacon per lb. of beans, sliced to about 1" in length. One tomatoe per lb. of beans, chopped (prefer roma if they are ripe). 1/3 choppend yellow/spanish onion per lb. Seasoning is 1/3-1/2 TBS. garlic powder per lb. and about the same for paprika. Add water to cover by 1". Add 1 cheap beer.

Everything goes in a crockpot and cooks on low approx. 18 hrs. Towards the end of the cook I'll adjust seasoning to taste (this is when I add the salt). When the beans are done, and cooling I'll chop 1 Cup of cilantro and mix it in. Feel free to add a little cumin for a little Tex-Mex flavor. During the last hour you can also toss in a few chipotle peppers if you like for a little more complex flavor.

I usually use a large slow cooker and do 3 lbs. at a time, and freeze leftovers. They keep VERY well and are handy to be able to pull out of the freezer for a side, or as an entree with cornbread.

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote