Discussion Thread ->***SPECIAL*** "2016 Noob Showcase! " Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Folks, it's GREAT to see all the new entries rolling in - please keep them coming! However, some of you are either failing to officially declare your entries, or not identifying which picture you want for voting purposes. PLEASE take the time to read the Throwdown rules BEFORE you enter:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=135049

Please accept this as my2016 noob showcase throwdown entry. Enjoy the weekend.
WP_20160616_19_02_15_Rich_zpsl7w9sxsb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Please accept this as my Throwdown submission:

St. Louis cut Spare Ribs smoked with hickory in my Masterbuilt gasser.

Seasoned with garlic powder and salt, then mustard, then covered in Killer Hogs BBQ rub:
bbq1.jpg

After 2 hours in the smoke:
bbq2.jpg

Prep for foil includes margarine, turbinado sugar, and honey:
bbq3.jpg

Happy ribs love the foil:
bbq4.jpg

No smile, still happy:
bbq5.jpg

After 1.5 hours in the foil they were falling apart already:
bbq7.jpg

Back in the smoker for .5 hour with sauce:
bbq8.jpg

They are done for a happy family:
bbq9.jpg

Ohhh man, soo good (Please use this pic for voting):
bbq10.jpg

Didn't stay on the plate long:
bbq11.jpg

Dem bones!
bbq12.jpg

Last edited:
My Noob TD entry, Father(-in-law)'s Day pulled pork

The old man requested pork, wife picked up two shoulders for a crowd.

1 Meat went on at 09:30. Simple rub of SPOG, light brown sugar and paprika. Beans in the drip pan: a big can of basic Bush's extended with a can of plain red beans, didn't feel the need to add any more sugar or salt.

2 I fabricated a Sputnik to keep the thermo lead from contacting the dome. Here we are T+9:40 and 193F

3. Meat came off at 195F, probed like butter. That corn shared the grill for about 1h. Poured off the clear fat from the beans and plopped them on the table.

Also had a nice cool vinegary slaw and Hawaiian rolls for sliders. Made a SC mustard sauce and reheated some East Carolina sauce from a previous cook.

4. Darling wife baked peach cobbler in the oven.

Attachments

• IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 186
  • IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 183
  • IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 506
  • IMAG0202.jpg
    IMAG0202.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 178
The problem with the NOOB Throwdown is that us NOOBS have to remember to take pics. Once again, no cook thread, just remembered to snap some pics at the end.

Smoked corned beef point, smoked/smashed taters, smoked onions & carrots. Peppered Cow & Black Ops on the corned beef. Salt Lick Garlic Rub on the veggies. SPICY!

IMG_20160621_192450.jpg

IMG_20160621_192307.jpg

Please use this as my second entry pic.

IMG_20160621_192131.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I am brand new to this forum, and even though everyone else's pictures are much better than mine, I am going to post them anyway (if I can work out how to).

This is my entry for the noob throwdown.
Jerk chicken breast
10%2Bchciken%2Bdone.jpg

Hope this works as I can't figure out how to preview my post:oops:.
(worked it out. Just use "reply", not "quick reply"

And a pic of the complete meal (I can't link to a thread as I haven't posted one yet)
15%2Btopped%2Bwith%2Bdeep%2Bfried%2Bonion.jpg

Back