Discussion Thread -> **Special**"2016 Beef Brisket Master!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Very Nice, Tony! Per the rules, you need to enter 3 images for this TD. Raw, On the smoker, and cooked. Just add the other shots below and I'll put them together for your entry. Thanks!

Very Nice, Tony! Per the rules, you need to enter 3 images for this TD. Raw, On the smoker, and cooked. Just add the other shots below and I'll put them together for your entry. Thanks!

Will fix that right now. Thank you. Should of read the rules. :icon_blush:

Wow! These are a bunch of incredible entry's, HOLY COW, both literally and figuratively :clap2:! This will be one of the toughest votes I've ever had to make for sure.

KC

I'll throw my first ever brisket into my first ever TD entry!
Cooked yesterday (23APR16) on a Humphrey's Battle Box with GFS lump and hickory and cherry chunks.

Cook thread

Raw:
2198dtv.jpg

Trimmed:
2vmwxnq.jpg

Injected and rubbed with Oakridge BlackOps:
14aj7yd.jpg

On the smoker (about 5 hours in):
30ax55w.jpg

Off the smoker, ready for a rest:
aouaed.jpg

Slicing:
334p4k7.jpg

Bend test:
2dub8d2.jpg

Pull test:
cqn15.jpg

Final (this is my entry):
hvaq9y.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity!

Brisket Throwdown Entry

Hey all. What the heck. I'll throw my hat or rather brisket into the race. Please let this serve as my entry to the brisket throwdown.

Cooked on 4/3/16
WSM 22"
Smoker temp 325*
Wood: Apple/Cherry
Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning

Raw Prep Stage
Untitled by C Lasko, on Flickr

On the smoker

Finished product flat

Finished product burnt ends

dang, now I have to make more brisket this weekend, fine.... now what else to cook with the brisket for everyone else..

Here's a late entry to bump the thread. Below are pictures from last weekend, which was my first brisket. What's next?

Attachments

• Brisket pre cook.jpg
    Brisket pre cook.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Brisket on cooker.jpg
    Brisket on cooker.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Brisket sliced.jpg
    Brisket sliced.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 38
Sorry, the entry deadline for this contest was 4-25 (see page 1 of this thread)

Great looking brisket! You can still enter it in the "I'd hit that" throwdown. I would definitely hit that. :thumb:

Back