THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our new TD category is..."Boneless Skinless Chicken Cookoff!"

grill-smoked-chicken-breast2_zps2w93hybg.jpg

As chosen by ssv3
(And with vital input from Smoke Dawg) for winning the "Wok This Way!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

ssv3 said:
Next Throwdown:

Boneless, Skinless Chicken.

Pretty simple. Just Chicken - No Bones, No Skin!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/11/16 through
the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 3/21/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 3/21/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Chicken Breast with Hollandaise Sauce over Asparagus

[FONT=&quot]This is my entry into the “Boneless Skinless Chicken Cookoff!” Throwdown.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Remember when I made the Petite Filet Mignon Oscar?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226802[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Well my wife doesn’t really like steak and definitely doesn’t like anything from the sea. So I made something special for her to enjoy instead of steak. Here are most of the ingredients for this cook.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I placed the boneless / skinless breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pounded them with my 10” CI skillet to around 5/8” thick. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I then dredged them in some flour mixed with 1 tsp. ea. of cayenne and white pepper and 1/2 tsp. of turmeric.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I took that same 10” CI skillet and fried them up in some butter and oil. (It takes a shorter time because they are thinner)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the meantime you’ll remember I was grilling up the asparagus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chicken is done.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here it is plated up on a bed of asparagus, approximately ½ cup of Hollandaise sauce and a Modern Times Oneida Hoppy Sessionable Pale Ale.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the ultra-close-up view.[/FONT] Please use the photo below as my polling picture.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As it was her dish I didn’t get a fork shot. I did taste it and it was also delicious.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That’s for looking.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227103[/FONT]

Please accept this as my entry to the "Boneless Skinless Chicken Cookoff" throw down.

Wife had some chicken for a soup she had planned, but she had forgot some ingredients so she suggested I grill it and put in the Caesar salad to go with the New York strips I was grilling. I marinated the chicken in some Lawry's Zataran's Cajun marinade and grilled them on the Weber with the steaks.

please use this pic for polling! Thanks!

Jalapeno stuffed bacon wrapped skinless boneless chicken thighs for the skinless boneless TD.

Saw Malcom Reed do this on YouTube a little while back. Have been wanting to try it and thought this would be a good opportunity.

Seasoned some skinless boneless chicken thighs with some Dizzy Dust.

Stuffed with roasted jalapeno, cream cheese, & some green onion.

Wrapped in bacon, put in a mini loaf pan and on the UDS for a while.

Glazed with some sauce.

Plated.

Back