View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2007, 09:36 PM   #13
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I'm experimenting right now and haven't gotten anything put back together yet. I tore my BSKD apart and spent the better part of 3 weeks wire brushing and Dremel tooling the bad rust out and reapinting the entire unit in an attempt to salvage it before it became too unsalvageable. I was going to take before and after pistures of it but then thought better in fear of beeing banned for letting my smoker get to that state.

I'll have a few after pics later when I start putting things back together and post them in a new thread, hopefully in a few days.

When I was cleaning it, I got some High Temp silicone caulking and placed it arond the top seam of the box and the door of the smoker. I cleaned the area around the outer edge of the door and spread a heavy bead of the caulking aournd it to creat a type of seal. I had tried it once before and closed the door in an attempt to creat a custom seal but it failed miserably and the Vaselinse I had spread along the rim of the smoke box didn't preent the silicon from sticking. And, I never really was able to get it all cleaned off the box after I did it. Anyway, I'll post more after I do my reassembly and post picks.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote