Bourbon BBQ sauce

rnmedic45

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any good homemade bourbon based BBQ sauce recipes ? May even be interested in commercial brands for a quick back-up. Thanks

1FUNVET's American Legion Post BBQ Sauce
This basic recipe will make about 1-1/2 cups. It's sweet and lightly spicy.

3/4 cup peach preserves
1/2 cup Jack Daniels (or any sour mash bourbon)
1/3 cup raspberry or other fruit vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1-2 teaspoons Crystal hot sauce( or any brand hot sauce)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
In a small saucepan,combine all ingredients except hot sauce. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often, until slightly thickened,about 10 minutes. Stir in hot sauce to taste.Can be made up to a month ahead and refrigerated. Reheat before using.

Like to do for my ribs 1/3 bourbon / 1/3 Brown Sugar / 1/3 Butter.

Simmer all together and have a great baste for ribs. Haven't tried it on much other but makes a grate glaze. Not sure about how "saucy" that would be but may give you a base to experiment with...

My go-to bourbon sauce recipe, love this stuff:

Bourbon BBQ Sauce
1/2 tsp granulated onion
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
3/4 cup bourbon
2 cups catsup
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar; packed
1/4 cup molasses
1 Tbsp your favorite BBQ spice rub mixture
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp Frank’s Red Hot sauce (or other hot sauce of your choice)

Combine all ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a low simmer. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.

This is one that's close to something that I use... and I've found that I really like to simmer and reduce my sauce significantly to strengthen the the flavors and ease some of the "twang."

Bourbon Mopping Sauce for Pork

3/4 cup Southern Bourbon or Whiskey
3/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Source: http://dricksramblingcafe.blogspot.jp/2010/09/bbq-rib-pork-rub-bourbon-mopping-sauce.html

Hope you find something you like... give us a hollar with the results!

A glaze I like for pork is equal parts bourbon, turbinado sugar[or dark brown sugar] butter, and yellow mustard. Heat everything together in a saucepan, and simmer a few minutes to thicken.

Dang you guys I tried to make these sauces but it didn`t work out I tried making a really large batch and when I drank the amount of JD it told me to drink for that large of a batch I woke up the next morning on the kitchen floor and some burnt stuff in a pan

Lots of good ones here, I was into making my own ketchup to make my own sauces a while back, I tested out a lot of bourbons and for some reason, the one bourbon that truly came through in the flavor and nose of the sauce, was Jim Beam. It was noticeable and fantastic, and cheap enough to try out.

Lots of good ones here, I was into making my own ketchup to make my own sauces a while back, I tested out a lot of bourbons and for some reason, the one bourbon that truly came through in the flavor and nose of the sauce, was Jim Beam. It was noticeable and fantastic, and cheap enough to try out.
Did you happen to try Evan Williams? I went through the same process of testing, and I found Evan Williams to be the best bourbon to cook with, for me.

Only one I ever really liked was one I found on amazin bonz interweb IIRC it was called Tennessee somethin

Back