View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

Scattered thoughts:

I take the chill out with either a warm water bath, or a shot in the nuke on low.

I am never concerned leaving anything (still cold from the fridge)out for 30-60 minutes and no one ever got sick on my stuff. But anything left out is covered or wrapped. This does not mean i will leave stuff sitting in the sun at a contest, ever.

If I remove the chill however, it goes straight to the pit.

Last year, i started using blue freezer packs for alot of stuff. They are VERY handy for putting under a hotel pan while u work, or on top of the foil while stuff sits out.

Leaving a tray of marinading chicken sitting out, covered with foil with a freezer pack on top of the foil, when opened.. you will see(feel)it was well inside the safe zone. brrrrrrr.

For beef(steaks, roasts, etc).. Im no where near as concerned.. you can use the meat temp going into the pit to give your differet doness levels..

A warm steak, put on grill will cook more evenly throughout, than a cold steak which will be rarer in the center with a more well done outside. KC had some techniques where he would even go with steaks that were partially frozen.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote