View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #56
JamesB
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye
Let's just say that Rocky fine tuned the drum and the cooking techniques that work so well with his designs. He is a very good dude and has a real passion for barbecue, regardless of the cook or the cooker.

It's obvious when you visit with him just how proud Rocky is of his product and I'm sure he realized early on that something like this lends itself to copying .... but on the other hand, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Keep us posted as you build your drum.
As I said, Rocky builds a good cooker for sure. If he didn't folks would not buy it... All I was trying to say was that any other person can also build one. Folks have been cooking on barrels of similar design for years. I know that I have. Alsom, I did not imitate Rocky's design. I actually built my first barrel cooker the same year that Rocky purchased his first (might be only) Klose pit. A good bit before the BDS came to be. I wish Rocky and the BDS all the luck in the world. Heck if Danny Gaulden says that it is a good cooker then it is!

I'll post pictures of my next barrel build once i get back into town and track down a suitable barrel...

James.
JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote