Discussion Thread -> "Get Down With the Ground! Part II" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Our new TD category is..."Get Down With the Ground! Part II"

Submission_zps072bc387.jpg

This was Shaggy's winning entry from "Get Down with the Ground, Part I"

As chosen by Code3rrt for winning the "Hanging or Spinning!" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Code3rrt said:
Ground meat is the name of the game. Burgers, Fatties, Meatballs, Meat Loaf, Sausage, MOINKS, the list goes on. Store bought ground is fine, but extra points for grinding your own.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/14 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/24/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/24/15

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple, but tasty entry

Hey all,
I was hungry for some meatloaf last night, so I went with the smoked version. Here goes;
Smoked%20Meatloaf%20%20001_zpsvyk8rnm2.jpg

On to the Kettle with some apple wood for smoke;
Smoked%20Meatloaf%20%20004_zpssw2qtmes.jpg

Cooked to an IT of 160;
Smoked%20Meatloaf%20%20005_zpsooi0n5mr.jpg

And a plate shot with some mushroom gravy, taters and corn;
Smoked%20Meatloaf%20%20010_zpsx6ellm3c.jpg

It was mighty good, hit the spot!
Please use the following as my poling pic;
Smoked%20Meatloaf%20%20008_zpsxlvagfzi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

KC

Most American Kobe Burger

[FONT=&quot] This is my official entry into the “[FONT=&quot]Get Down [FONT=&quot]With the Ground Part II[/FONT][/FONT]” Throwdown.

I had [FONT=&quot]gotten a [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]1 lb. box (2 8 oz. patties) from [FONT=&quot]S[/FONT]RF's on a special for ordering more than [FONT=&quot]$99.00[/FONT].[/FONT][/FONT] Having never [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]had Kobe anything I couldn't wait to try them. This throwdown was the perfect [FONT=&quot]opportunity to t[/FONT][/FONT]ry my hand at some Kobe burgers[FONT=&quot] and I decided to try and emulate the Carl's Jr. Most American Burger.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I put a chimney of lump on the side burner to speed things along. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 burgers didn’t warrant the Primo so I used the Weber Jumbo Joe. I p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ut the patties on the grill for indirect and sprinkled them with some Primo Chicago Stockyard seasoning. When the b[/FONT][FONT=&quot]urgers are ready to be flipped I put on 1 hot dog as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After the hot dog was done I did a quick sear on the burgers and then take them inside and [/FONT]I cut the Hot Dog in half.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now I assemble the burger. Catsup, pickles[FONT=&quot], p[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]otato chips[/FONT], l[FONT=&quot]ettuce, tomato,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] slice of red onion, the Kobe patty, chedd[FONT=&quot]ar cheese, the cut in half hot dog and some more catsup and mustard[/FONT][/FONT].

[FONT=&quot]And the Money Shot below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It was extremely messy but also extremely delicious. My wife and MIL shared one and I ate the other. My wife will often say that the meat is her least favorite part of a hamburger. Normally when we order a hamburger out she will feed half of her meat to our dog Husker. Not this time. She loved it as did I.

[FONT=&quot]The entire cook thread[/FONT] can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215968
[/FONT]

Last edited:
This would be our entry into the Get Down With the Ground Throwdown if we may

Ground Beef/Pork/Chicken on Lemongrass skewers.

Served with a simple Asian slaw and some Sweet Chili Sauce

Please use this as our Polling picture.

Thanks for looking in

Full Cook can be found here

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3336558#post3336558

Throwdown entry.

Broke out the pie irons. Thawed out some homemade Italian sausage along with some peppers, sweet onions, tomato sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, and store bought pie dough. Went down like this:
The goods
meatpie10.jpg

meatpie9.jpg

Smelling good!
meatpie8.jpg

meatpie7.jpg

A bit of nibbling occurred right about here
meatpie6.jpg

Spread the dough, fill 'em up, and fire away.
meatpie5.jpg

meatpie4.jpg

meatpie3.jpg

meatpie2.jpg

The moment of truth
meatpie1.jpg

meatpie11.jpg

meatpie13.jpg

Mighty pleased with the outcome, please use the following shot for entry and thanks for lookin!
meatpie12.jpg

Back