View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #35
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun
Yeah, I watched the progress of yours, Mista. I had to laugh in sympathy when you talked about your lack of mechanical skills- I envy these guys that say "just grab the welding torch and...", or "I just fabricated one of these in my shop". I brag when I put something together and there are no parts leftover!

One question that has been buggin' me about the BDS type smoker. One of the benefits is supposed to be the flavor gains when the meat drips into the burning wood. I have never heard this mentioned with a WSM- I realize the water pan would obstruct it, but if a clear path was made, would one get that same benefit??
Yes, you would. I used to do this with the ECB and have done it with the WSM, but only using the top grate...and keeping a close eye on the fire...I found it works best on chicken.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote