Discussion Thread -> "Hanging or Spinning" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our new TD category is..."Hanging or Spinning!"

DSC_8122-PP.JPG

This was HankB's winning entry in the 2013 "Spin to Win" Throwdown!

As chosen by Fwismoker for winning the "Pulled" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Fwismoker said:
Hanging or spinning... Any meat either hung using hooks or rotisseried on a spit, spun on a rope/string etc....

Makes sense to me! Let's hang 'em and spin 'em till they can't take it anymore! :twisted:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/24 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/3/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/3/15

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Unless I do another hanging or spinning cook tomorrow I'll use my block party cook for my entry.

I'm most proud of the chicken breast, tender and juicy tasty to the max...I'm dreaming of it today so I know I have to do it for myself soon!

Chicken breast, boneless skinless thighs, pork butt hung and wings were spit rotisserie.

Here's the party and cook thread.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215217

Please use this as my official entry. Thank You!

My entry in this Throw down. Rotisserie pork butt.
Deboned an eight pounder, tied the living daylights out of it, skewerd, salt and pepper only.
roti2.jpg
roti1.jpg

On the Pro Q stacker, as hot as I could get it to go.
roti3.jpg

Lookin and smelling fine!
roti4.jpg

Pulled at 165ish and coolered, rested and sliced.
roti6.jpg

We love this stuff! Please use the following pic for entry shot and thanks for lookin.
roti7.jpg

Back