Discussion Thread ->***SPECIAL*** "Noob Showcase! " Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC Only) Lasts All Month! Enter Mulitple Times!

Nuttin fancy like most of you but probably the best I have done so far

image_zpsb178a857.jpg

Oh man these all look soooo good, it is going to be a tough one come decision time. Nice job guys.

Lots of great entries so far, Noobs! Looking foward to many more. :biggrin1:

Please read the rules for entering throwdowns, though. Especially #3:

3. To enter your dish in a Throwdown it must first follow all rules defined in this post. To make your entry, please create a post in the Throwdown ENTRY thread for the category that you wish to enter. You must clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear enough that the moderator understands your intention. This can be as simple as saying, "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". Any post that does not state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.

For the complete rules, please read them HERE. They are very simple and straightforward.

:thumb:

Please accept this as my entry in the throw down.

Pulled pork Sandwhich with Blues Hog Smokey Mountain Sauce and perk up your pork by the slabs for the rub. I injected wih Myron Mixon's hog injection recipe.
I never have entered one of these and I have been here awhile. Finally thought why not?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 496
Please accept this as my second entry:

Homemade venison pastrami.

Started out with a venison roast off the hind quarters of a nice fat Pike Co. whitetail doe. Here it is getting happy with the cure and first round of seasonings.

Fast forward 5 days, fresh out of the smoker (run with lump and cherry). Cooking off before I slice into it.

First slices showed promise...

All sliced, time to assembly some sammiches.

Please accept this as my official entry photo - sauteed onions, spicy brown mustard, swiss cheese, rye bread toasted on the Weber.

This is my entry into the Noob TD

Green Chili Cheeseburgers Ala Moose
First the Chilis- 2 Anaheim and 1 Poblano

BG1_zpscpislctg.jpg

On the gasser

BG2_zpsbyeeofhi.jpg

Caramelized vidalia onion and the Chilis

BG3_zpslpxnkhuo.jpg

Now the burger-80/20 with Sand Hills Golf Course Steak and Burger rub

BG4_zps4aiuo4wu.jpg

Burger on the Egg with lump charcoal Great grill marks with The Grill Mates

BG5_zpslkherx6e.jpg

Placed on a toasted whole wheat bun with mayo. Burger has American Cheese. Also on plate Bushs Grillin Bake Beans and a pickle seasoned with Old Bay. Chilis put on top of cheese

BG6_zps4qgtasyz.jpg

I really enjoyed these as did my wife. Will definitely do again
Thanks Moose. Please use the last pic as my official entry. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
And for my second entry. I would like to submit a Grilled Lobster Tail. Lobsters are a rarity in my household due to the fact that I am allergic, but eat them anyways. But enjoy this photo of my recent lobster escapade~!

Please use this photo for my second submission.

- G

I am pretty sure I have only entered two or three TD's and never even got close! Anyways, figure I would give it another shot. It is really awesome of yall to put these things together. They are a lot of fun to follow even though I could never compete on that level. Here is a link to the cook. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212396

Please accept this pic as my official entry.

Back