Discussion Thread -> "Game Meats" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Welcome Mchar69 - Looks Good!

Thanks, I'm a newbie, if Shenco pulls this stunt next year I'll
be forewarned - !

I usually butcher my deer whole rack - bone-in loin racks.
this year I did NOT - I filleted everything.
The whole or partial rack would have been awesome! I have pics floating around.

Official entry!
I sprinkled a little S&P and Lawrys Steak seasoning onto two kangaroo filets and let them rest a bit.
Prepped leeks and potatoes after lighting a half chimney of briquettes for the kettle.
CI grill was used on the Kangaroo filets.
First ready was the Potato crepe
IMG_3381_zpscthtaoep.jpg

Next up was the Leek Gratin with gruyere cheese and bechemal
IMG_3386_zps7ez6avgt.jpg

Then the beans and the kangaroo had rested enough so I sliced it finely across the grain

IMG_3387_zpsekkdkty2.jpg

IMG_3398_zps24fiblyn.jpg

This! This one 'ere...be me Polling Lure, me tackle, me barnacle coated entry shot, arrr

IMG_3399_zps0hurfxvy.jpg

This was just superb, 'Roo beats beef, any day!

:yo:

Last edited:
Hot-N-Fast Curried Coquelet Sur La Webber OTG

Please accept this as my official entry into the "Game Meats" Throwdown.

After conferring with My President François Hollande, He officially recognized Coquelet as a Gibier (Game) :clap:

Without further ado, here are my chicks.

Spatchcocked and rubbed with toasted sesame oil, white pepper, salt, and garlic powder.

Fired up a chimmney full of lump and got things real hot. Temperature is at 500° F and raging.

Placed a sheet of foil directly onto the grill to prevent flare ups given the extreme temperatures my little chickadees were going to face.

The Game is almost done, and ready to go.

Time to make some rice and stir fried veggies and a hot and spicy curry sauce. Then its time for plating.

I present my official entry and polling pic, The full monty! :doh:

Thanks for lookin, I'll keep cookin!

Jed

Thanks for playing the "Game"! This one is done! Look for a poll in just a bit! :thumb:

Back