THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tjus77 said:
I was going to, but my wife said I have to give it to her neice's hubby... he wants to learn to cook outdoors sooooo bad.
forget him give it to me i have a pasture and lotsa other pits it can play with what does he have hmm a hibachi?

Moo

Just a little beef loin. Smoked for an hour @ 250*, 20 minutes in the freezer to firm up, sliced into 2 inch steaks, then grilled over hot coals to 135* internal. I'm full.

Attachments

That has got to be one of the best pictures of all time.

If that doesn't make ya hungry nothing will.

Outstanding Job!!!!

thirdeye said:
Oh yeah Ron, that roast looks great......the Montreal, olive oil & 250° are my favorite combination for a prime rib. Someday I need to find a reason to do a full one. Saw one this afternoon for $122. Full fat cap and ribs still intact. Maybe a business write-off hmmmmmm.

Tonight, Mrs thirdeye and I split a New York, also with Montreal but I used garlic flavored olive oil on this one. I went a tick higher than 250° on this cook. Heheee.

22800752.jpg

Time for pron...... waiting for the shoulder to rest, but I thought I would tease with the unpulled product.... I am sooooo happy with my pit, even though still getting used to it....... What I've sampled so far is "slap yo momma" good, my wife is drooling too! Pot o beans on the side..... yummmmies

Attachments

Kevin said:
Just a little beef loin. Smoked for an hour @ 250*, 20 minutes in the freezer to firm up, sliced into 2 inch steaks, then grilled over hot coals to 135* internal. I'm full.

Kevin,

That is a neat technique.....What sort of temp was that roast at the end of the hour? And about how long for the grilling? I'm thinking that would work on something like tri-tip too.

thirdeye said:
Kevin,

That is a neat technique.....What sort of temp was that roast at the end of the hour? And about how long for the grilling? I'm thinking that would work on something like tri-tip too.

I didn't check the temp after smoking, should have. I grilled like my usual, as hot as I can get it, minute and a half, turn 45* for grill marks, another minute and a half then flip, another minute and a half turn 45* for grill marks. Total of 4 and a half minutes then insert instant read in the thickest steak and wait for 135* internal. I think it was around 7 or 8 minutes total grilling, but I like them rare.

I used "Spicy" Montreal steak seasoning. I like spicy, but it was a little too much and distracted from the flavor of the beef.

Ok, I am a believer in the Chris Lilly Injection. Did two butts along with my buckboard brisket. Best butts I have ever done and I have done some good ones.

I also went a little sweeter than normal for me on the rub. I took Texas BBQ Rub and added more turbinado sugar. I would guess I had 3 cups of rub and added about 1 cup of sugar. Great bark. Great flavor throughout.

Sorry, no pics.

jgh1204 said:
Ok, I am a believer in the Chris Lilly Injection. Did two butts along with my buckboard brisket. Best butts I have ever done and I have done some good ones.

I also went a little sweeter than normal for me on the rub. I took Texas BBQ Rub and added more turbinado sugar. I would guess I had 3 cups of rub and added about 1 cup of sugar. Great bark. Great flavor throughout.

Sorry, no pics.

Tease!

Yep, the family really like the Chris Lilly Butts here also. I've been tweeking it a little to try to make it my own. But it's an easy go to for pulled pork.

Saturday:

Smoked 3 boneless chuck roasts on lowest shelf @ 300-350 F.
These were marinated in lotsa Southern Flavor and beer for 2 days. I literally was able to cut it with a butter knife. On the top shelf as a load of raw peanuts marinated in Hoisin sauce. It turned into peanut brittle.

Sunday:
Started out smoke drying my seasons worth of sage and chives and finished in the oven to prevent ashes.

Followed by more peantus on the top (same recipe) and thin pork loin chops on the bottom. Followed by 3 fatties made of home ground butt, lotsa smoked dired peppers and lotsa the sage/chives mixture and some beer (in the sausage).

My turkey boob done up simple: salt/sugar brine, butter/garlic salt/onion powder/white pepper injection, and The Slabs Kyle Style rub. Cooked to 155. It was darn tasty.

Attachments

i like smoked butts and i can not lie you other smokers can't deny when u smoke them.... sorry got carried away

Back