View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #8
jpw23
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerguy
Jay, i think Id hold off on the additional 200 lbs. i remember a thread about sams being lousy and causing twice the ash because of the binders used to make the stuff. Seems like the Kapn had a great thread awhile back. Ill try to find it.
It did make quite a bit of ash but, it did maintain temps for a good long time, I did not load the fire box as heavy as I would with Kingsford...a half a basket and one half chimney.....got 3.5 hours @ 275....now this is average temps, had a little tweaking to do....and you guys may be right and this is crap...but, it still beats the hell out of splitting wood and making your own( which I am doing now) I have not been thrilled with new Kingsford at all.......too much ash, burns way to fast....I don't mind tending the fire but, enough is enough....they really need to go back to the drawing board on this....its great for grilling and that is their target demographic but, the rest of us suffer for it......Pooh told me how to make my own lump and I have been doing that....just takes a lot of time.

---------------------------------------------------
Chargriller pro offset X 2
Brinkman Gourmet Smoker
7-N-1 r2d2 looking cooker(on loan never to be returned)
Slightly bent Weber kettle
Scratch and dent wally world Uniflame kettle
new link to new musical adventure coming soon!!!!
jpw23 is offline   Reply With Quote