View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 05:11 AM   #25
Heisenberger
Knows what a fatty is.

I love my PBC. I like to use Stubbs and kingsford competition. I've done a couple of things to my PBC, but I don't have any pics since I'm out of town. The first and most important mod was my UDS probe mod. Grab an angle grinder and slice a slit into the lip of the drum so I can fit my two maverick probes in there. Just lay the meat down and put the wires into the slit, no feeding the wires through any grommets.

Second, I replaced the screw on the intake with a stainless steel wing nut and bolt. That way I can easily open or close the intake as I please. Then I stuff a piece of tin foil in there to cover up the open space when the intake is in closed position. That way I can snuff out the coals.

Lastly, I welded a small 90 degree elbow onto the bar that goes across the firebox. I used the rest of the stainless steel rod to fashion a hook so I can now grab the firebox with my hook when using the minion method. This has made using the minion method much easier, since I don't have a torch. I also fashioned a pizza pan ash catcher which I can also remove with my hook. I'm always looking for ways to improve and tinker, so share your ideas!!!
Heisenberger is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->