THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's my official entry. Lamb shanks, served over creamy polenta with brussel sprouts.

Cook thread here --> http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192551

Please use this for the entry pic.

AAF3EBFB-0E20-498D-83A8-26F9476EDE7F_zpsnz2cetco.jpg

That looks frickin awesome

I did a bone-in leg for the 4th but only learned about this throw down this morning. Wish I had known or I would have taken fork shot and plated shot. Why don't you get rid of silly rules that way more people can participate!

Sorry for dissension, I've never been good about playing by the rules. :p

I did a bone-in leg for the 4th but only learned about this throw down this morning. Wish I had known or I would have taken fork shot and plated shot. Why don't you get rid of silly rules that way more people can participate!

You think these are silly rules....:tsk:

Well, that was honest! :wink:

In this case, buccaneer chose this category (as he won the previous week's throwdown) and included the two simple rules as part of the mix. We, the moderators, felt the two special rules he included were simple enough to let stand. When someone wins a throwdown, and selects the next TD category, we try to accommodate their new chosen category unless it is either too cumbersome or limiting so that few would choose to enter.

In most cases, however, there aren't usually special rules of any kind, so please don't let this particular throwdown deter you from entering in the future! :thumb:

Appreciate the clarification. I'm new here. Still learning how things work. Look forward to participating in the future!

Cheers!

As esch new TD is announced, check the first post in the announcement thread and it will list any special rules that the previous week's winner chose as well as the category. Then you can join in on the fun!

I would have had an entry but I am going to computer class 101, because I am stupid and can't enter without creating a lot of confusion. :doh:

I would have had an entry but I am going to computer class 101, because I am stupid and can't enter without creating a lot of confusion. :doh:

I'm not sure what you mean? If it's because I thought you had two entries, just put everything into one post. Take a look at fantomlord's post above for an example.

This is a game I am here to have fun and only fun!! I meant what I said about being stupid when it comes to this f---- computer. I have posted the best way I knew how. I repeat, I am here to have fun. :blah:

Only three entries, but I have to say, they are all good entries. From what I can see, nobody phoned it in. Good effort on all three entries.

But, no Aussies? WTF?

CD

Please accept this as my entry in the Lamb: Bone-In Throwdown.

Here's a few pics from the cook thread which can be found here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193167

Seared and smoked over pecan in the Large Egg:

Then a braise with onions, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, dry white wine, EVOO, lemon zest and some spices:

And in went some potatoes and carrots:

My plate (please use this pic for the vote thread):

And a fork shot:

Thanks for looking!

Official Entry
Lamb Shank lollipops with puree of mint peas and corn and peas in chicken gravy

Rub: Ras El Hanout, garlic, thyme, black pepper salt cumin

Onto the BSK over Apple at 220f

IMG_7160_zps7ab83df5.jpg

Then slathered with pate and duxelles..Mushrooms cooked in butter and thyme.
IMG_2962_zpsc4ae51aa.jpg

Rolled in pastry
IMG_7278_zpsde2b25f1.jpg

Cooked chicken gravy with peas and added corn and butter
IMG_7276_zps5af1d19d.jpg

Entry Shot:
Lamb Shank lollipops with puree of mint peas and corn and peas in chicken gravy

IMG_2973_zps08ffafb9.jpg

Fork shot

IMG_2981_zps11ed8534.jpg

Back